A chronic or severe illness or injury can be life-changing. Tasks that once were simple and straight-forward become difficult, tiring and drawn out, while activities which used to be enjoyable become a chore.
But this does not mean that a patient simply stops enjoying life. Instead, it just means that additional provisions, support structures and resources need to be made available to make the patient’s life comfortable, happy and fulfilled.
This is where the medical social services offered by the team at All Smiles Home Health can make all the difference. Medical social services are provided by a social worker who administers assistance and support to patients and their caregivers. This assistance is designed to be flexible, and can be provided in the patient’s home, in a care facility, or in a hospital, as and when required.
What the Medical Social Worker Can Offer
As mentioned, the medical social services provided by All Smiles Home Health are intended to provide a comprehensive and flexible level of support, tailored to the needs of the individual patient.
This means that our social workers offer;
- Assistance in coping with social factors relating to the patient’s illness
- Help in creating and maintaining a suitable environment within which to provide care
- Advice on how to connect with community resources in the patient’s local community
- Advisory services for the latest medical treatments and equipment related to the patient’s condition
- Emotional support and psychological care, for both patient and caregiver
- Practical and logistical organization, including transportation and meal provision
- Additional support tailored directly to the patient’s needs
The services listed above are just a few of the duties carried out by our medical social workers. To discover more about how this provision will work for you and your loved one, get in touch with our friendly and knowledgeable team directly.
The Benefit of Medical Social Services to You
At All Smiles Home Health, we understand the burden that long term illness places on both the patient and on the caregiver. The high-caliber work of our medical social worker teams allows us to alleviate this burden, making life that little bit easier for everyone involved in the provision of care; from the medical professional, to the caregiver, to the patient themselves.
The result is improved quality of life and psychological well-being, not to mention the peace of mind that comes from having such a comprehensive level of support there whenever it is required.